Each year Libertas Institute works on dozens of significant policy issues spanning a wide range of topics. While our short-term efforts result in an unprecedented 82% success rate for being enacted into law, we keep our eyes fixed on long-term goals that will profoundly improve the lives and livelihoods of Utahns.
As we propose and evaluate legislation, here are the key priorities informing our work:
- Free Market: Entrepreneurs and employees deserve a level playing field, fair competition, and the elimination of unnecessary regulations.
- Personal Freedom: Each person has the right to peacefully pursue their own definition of happiness, including owning and using their property to benefit self and society.
- Justice and Due Process: Every individual should be treated impartially in a transparent and equitable legal system that focuses on offenses against individuals or property, while promoting individual responsibility and community safety.
- Education Empowerment: Every parent, child, and teacher must have the opportunity to innovate and individualize education.
- Limited and Open Government: The public should be able to easily oversee and review the functions and expenditures of government.