Winter 2016 Internships Available
Libertas Institute has a winter legislative internship available for college students or recent graduates. Join our successful organization to help advance the cause of liberty in Utah!
We are in need of policy research and lobbying assistance to support the legislative proposals Libertas will be advancing in the 2016 legislative session beginning in January. See here for an example of recent policies we have worked on.
- Research assigned policies spanning a broad spectrum of subjects
- Compile, sort, and analyze data
- Prepare reports and summarize data
- Write articles on assigned topics
- Attend legislative meetings, take notes
- Coordinate communication with legislators, lobbyists, and activists
- Must be interested in and aware of the political process
- Understanding of, and passion for, liberty
- High attention to detail
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Ability to communicate professionally and clearly
These are unpaid positions, though we will gladly work with your school to provide credit if that is an option. Any necessary expenditures related to assigned work will be reimbursed.
Interns will work either a morning or afternoon shift. The length of the internship will roughly match the winter semester schedule, though we are flexible to work around the intern’s needs.
Interested students should submit a résumé and two writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Winter internship application” in the subject line.