It’s fitting that the symbol for liberty is a burning torch whose flame must be carefully maintained and protected so it may be there for future generations.
Keeping the torch of liberty alight is a key part of who we are at Libertas Institute. We, along with our supporters, work tirelessly to clear the path of opportunity by removing obstacles that limit freedom—not just for today but for generations to come.
Our Legacy Society is where your influence helps us maintain the torch of liberty throughout and beyond your lifetime. A gift to Libertas Institute in your will empowers you to stand with a community of influencers who are actively safeguarding the principles of personal liberty, free markets and private property.
How It Works
- Include a gift to Libertas Institute in your will or trust.
- Make your bequest unrestricted or direct it to a specific purpose.
- Indicate a specific amount or a percentage of the balance remaining in your estate or trust.
Your gift to Libertas Institute in your will or revocable trust enables you to support our mission and make a difference in the lives of future generations.
- is easy to arrange.
- will not alter your current lifestyle in any way.
- can be easily modified to address your changing needs.
- Your assets remain in your control during your lifetime.
- You can modify your gift to address changing circumstances.
- You can direct your gift to a particular purpose (be sure to check with us to make sure your gift can be used as intended).
- Under current tax law, there is no upper limit on the estate tax deduction for your charitable bequests.
Ways to Support Libertas Institute
Ideas on how to give:
- By Will
Donating through a will or living trust reduces the size of your taxable estate, possibly saving up to fifty-five percent in estate(death) taxes.
By donating stock or property to Libertas Institute instead of selling it, you can write off the entire value, avoid capital gains taxes and, for some donors, reduce the risk of losing hundreds of thousands of dollars.
- Life Insurance
Life Insurance, Retirement Unitrusts and Charitable Gift Annuities are just a few other ways to protect your assets and ensure that your estate plan reflects your wishes.
Popular Giving Arrangements
- Gifts from Your Will or Trust
Need to preserve your assets during your lifetime? You can plan a gift to us that will only take effect after your other obligations are fulfilled.
- Gifts from your Donor-Advised Funds
Make an outright gift from your donor-advised fund OR name us as the ultimate beneficiary of the remainder in the fund.
- Gifts of Stock and Appreciated Assets
Take advantage of appreciated securities without incurring capital gains tax. This is especially useful for those with cryptocurrency or stocks.
We’re here to provide you assistance to set this up, and even give sample language for your will or trust, or other consulting with an estate planning attorney should you need help. Please contact us today!